I am filled with rage...

My photo
I am a 23-year-old and recent college graduate. I have a Bachelors degree in Womans Studies--which means grad school!! I'll go into the counseling/therapy field in some capacity, whether it be high school guidance, marriage and family therapy, or sex therapy.

Monday, July 27

A Little Road Rage...

If you think my receptionist rage is bad, you should see my road rage, yet the commute is probably my favorite part of the whole day. I am all by myself, I can listen to my favorite music, sing at the top of my lungs, and play the same song 15 times if I want to. And I just like driving.


As an avid lover of driving, I also believe that your car says a lot about you, even if its some junker your parents bought for you when they were finally sick of driving you to soccer practice. So on the daily commute I look around at the various stickers, personalized license plates and even license plate frames. It was the latter that sent me on a mini-rage last week.

On this particularly normal day, I noticed a dark blue CR-V or something that was slightly annoying me with its numerous lane changes on an already frustrating ramp from the 94 west to the 5 north. When she settled on the right lane and inched ahead of me, her rear license plate frame (LPF) attracted my attention for whatever reason.





Ok so its not really that big of a deal, but look at those palm trees. Just look at them! Ew. They look like f*cked up marijuana leaves or something. Plus, EVERYONE who thinks they are all cool and Southern Californian have this stupid LPF. She's probably some import from Arizona or the midwest and still calls it "Cali" when she goes home to visit the parentals for Turkey Day. *shiver* (Nothing makes me more nauseous that people calling California "Cali".)


This would also have been a non-event had I not seen another more enraging LPF. This time, the offender was a Mercedes, so you know that mofo has got enough money to get a decent LPF if he wanted it. But no, it was one of those freebie "I'd rather be..." LPF's from Sport Chalet. As your car is an expression of your personality, I was also willing to accept that Mercedes Driver would "rather be cycling", since I have my own that says "I'd rather be swimming." (The veracity of that statement is debatable, but that is for another post.) But this guy had actually taken the time to use a black magic marker to color over "Chalet"...LIKE WE DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS FROM THERE!! Seriously?? You are not ABOVE Sport Chalet, dude, if you are just going to Sharpie out the second word. Plus, you can still see 'CHALET' under the purple-black sheen of the marker ink against the solid black plastic behind it. But really, you drive a Mercedes, get one of your flunkies to go online and order you a personalized LPF that simply says "I'd rather be cycling" if you have so much against Sport Chalet. Come to think of it, he probably sent his flunkies to get that Sport Chalet LPF in the first place--God forbid he step foot in something as low-class as a sporting megastore!! Can someone please get this guy in a Wal-Mart, so he can see what low-class really like? Oy vey!!


Now its time to go eat my delicious sesame seed bagel and check out DListed.com for a while. I'm sure I'll be back later to post more; it feels like a slow Monday.

1 comment:

  1. (Nothing makes me more nauseous than people calling California "Cali")


    Thank you finally someone agrees. NOBODY from California calls it "Cali". (one of my BIGGEST pet peeves.)

    ReplyDelete