I am filled with rage...

My photo
I am a 23-year-old and recent college graduate. I have a Bachelors degree in Womans Studies--which means grad school!! I'll go into the counseling/therapy field in some capacity, whether it be high school guidance, marriage and family therapy, or sex therapy.

Thursday, October 1

Already?

Right at the beginning of my second full day and I have one small thing to be annoyed with. Maybe it's just Mr. Upstairs reminding me that the human race he created is inherently flawed. And for those reading, remember that people new to your office are NEW, meaning they have no idea where anything is or what the different rooms are called, so please be as specific as possible, even if it borders on mundane.

One of my duties is to be in charge of the vending machines, call the snack/drink company when machines break, refund money that the machine eats, etc. Now let me tell you, going to the high school I did, if the Coke machine ate your money, you were S.O.L. and Coke was $1.25 richer. And when you get $5 for lunch, that a pretty big chunk to waste. So when grown adults with full-time jobs come to me for a 75-cent refund, I can't help but be a little annoyed. Then, of course, they want the machine(s) fixed. I have no problem calling the company to have a repairman come out, but I need the location of the machine and the type of machine it is. When I call the snack company, they have room numbers for the different machines, and my quarter-hungry co-workers have only given me the arbitrary room names. So I send an email to the two people that had problems with the machines. "The people doing the repairs need to know what kind of machine (snack or soda) is broken and where it is (Building A or B and room number)."

And what emails do I get back this morning? You guessed it, the same worthless information that they'd already told me. Room names and no specifics on what kind of machine was malfunctioning. Nothing even acknowledging that I asked for a room number (such as "the rooms aren't labeled with number, Stupid New Girl, we just know them how they're named" or "I'm not sure about the number, let me check and get back to you). And you can bet your sweet a$$ I am not using my 15 minute breaks to go hunt down this information. Maybe during lunch, but then I have no idea where the Production Dept. is, let alone it's break room.

*Woooo-saaaaaah*

No comments:

Post a Comment