I am filled with rage...

My photo
I am a 23-year-old and recent college graduate. I have a Bachelors degree in Womans Studies--which means grad school!! I'll go into the counseling/therapy field in some capacity, whether it be high school guidance, marriage and family therapy, or sex therapy.

Wednesday, October 14

"You get a gold star by your name today."

[Written on October 2]

Well, first things first, let me just say--T.G.I.F., and I've only been here for 3 full days! After all the welcome-to-the-company work, I've hit a little bit of a low in work. So what do I do? Surf the net. What about when I get bored of that? Coordinate my planner and my Google Calendar. Check my bank account online. But that doesn't really keep me busy for that long (I have no money and I have no plans). Then I make lists of things I'm gonna need when I get some money (new shoes, snacks for work, that eyeshadow I'm running low on). Still bored and it's only 2:45. Reorganize my desk twenty times. Add "cup for pens" to shopping list and "photo collage for desktop" to to-do list. Look up a store that I have a gift card to and print a map of the location so I can go tomorrow after I go swimming. Check pool hours for the third time in 18 hours. Window-shop online for things I can't afford for at least a couple weeks.


When I get SO bored that I think I'm getting a headache, I finally get my afternoon 15-minute break. And the first real sign of fall is here--the humid drizzle that falls in San Diego during September/October--and I am pretty depressed. I love the sun, the heat, and the general almost-naked-ness that happens from March to September. So when I starting using my heater when I leave for work in the morning and worry in the back of my mind about rain-proof shoes, my general mood level takes a downturn.

The only things I like about Fall/Winter are:
  • Christmas. Duh, especially since I realized what an even greater joy it is to give than to receive, as cliche as it sounds. But then it still might be vanity in that I pride myself on getting as personal and unique a gift I can think of (often my own artwork!)
  • I don't have to wash my car as often. The only good thing about rain. Oh you know and it helps the "Erf".
  • Grandma's birthday and the birthdays of my friends Lawyer Lady*, Princess*, and Pinky*. Similar to reasons given for Christmas.

*Names changed to protect the innocent.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's it. If I think of something else I'll let you know. But now it's a quarter 'til Quittin Time and I have things to do, dates to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment